Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thankful

Yesterday I was waiting for Ken at our parking lot so that we could go to an Orioles game. Since Chick-fil-A sponsors the Orioles Kids Club, one of our corporate guys was throwing out the first pitch and then we got to hang out in a fully stocked corporate suite for the game. I was watching Chi picking up in the parking lot. At that moment I was overwhelmed by the number of people who bless our lives and make it possible for us to do what we do. My parents (yes Mom, I know you read this!) were home watching our kids, again. It is such a blessing to have my parents right down the street and not for the babysitting :) On Sunday afternoon, my boys decided to go home with them after lunch to just hang out. I never got to do that as a kid since my grandparents were all hundreds and thousands of miles away. And while we could do what we do with the number of kids we have on our own, it certainly would be much more difficult without their help. I am grateful that they are engaged in my kids' lives and want to spend time with them. That is such a gift not only to me but especially to my kids.
I am also grateful to our wonderful team members at the store. Chi is just one of the many who work hard and add so much to the personality of our team. We have team members from all over the world and it is such a joy to me to see such a variety of nationalities working together. It is a huge lesson for my kids as well - I think their Spanish and Mandarin are better than mine because they like to hang with the team members :) All this is to say that we could not be doing what we are doing without all these awesome people with us. I remember the days of doing it ourselves and it just isn't fun. I am thankful for each person that God has brought into our lives - it is what makes life full and rich!

No comments: