Saturday, August 18, 2007

Katie is coming home

I just wanted to update you on the Smith's. Even though they weren't able to raise all the money they needed through the auction and donation, they were able to raise enough that they are in China getting Katie!!! This is such a huge answer to prayer and I know that they have been overwhelmed by the generosity of strangers to help bring Ms. Katie home. I don't think that they have a blog for travel but if they post a gotcha day photo, I'll add it so everyone can see this little cutie meet her forever family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa- I am not sure if you know this or not but Katie's parents ARE NOT EATING in China. They can't afford it! They will be having breakfast at the hotel and then, I guess, praying for the rest of the day. It really puts their sacrifice into perspective! God bless them and their beautiful little girl!!! I can't wait to see those Gotcha pictures!!!!
-Jen Ingersoll