Friday, September 7, 2007

some birthday thoughts...

So far I'm not as sad as I thought I would be about not being there for Caleb's birthday. I think getting our loa this week and having it sent off to China today has helped. Thank you God for your timing! I do always struggle a bit with some sadness on these days though. Our joy in celebrating both Caleb and Sarah is the result of someone else's loss. Two birth moms who had to make a choice that I just can't even fathom. Two birth moms who loved their children enough to give them life and provide a way for them to continue living. And we get the blessing. We get to have the cuddles and kisses. We get to hear "Mommy/Daddy I love you". We get to watch as they grow and develop into the people that God has created them to be. We get all that because someone gave it all up. So on this day and Sarah's birthday, I say a prayer for the women who have given me 2 of the greatest joys of my life (ok I haven't met Caleb yet but he has already wiggled his way into my heart). I pray that they will know a peace that is only from God, that they will come to know Him in a personal way and that by doing so, someday on the other side of eternity, they will once again get to meet the wonderful children that they brought into this world.

No comments: