Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Official!

This is my third try to get this posted and I've had to resort to emailing it so hopefully it will go through!!
Caleb is officially a Weikel!  We've signed all the papers, put our fingerprint on our signatures and promised to take care of him forever.  We had a sweet time with the Asst. Director from the orphanage.  Her love for kids is apparent and we are grateful that Caleb was taken care of his first 2 years.  After a tearful goodbye, we headed back to the hotel and have been feeding Caleb and hanging out until our guide comes back to take us to a park this afternoon.  Caleb had a great night and is starting to eat today.  He LOVES milk, although I'm having to use the syringe to get it into him.  He doesn't like any of the bottles or cups I brought (and I brought 4) so this is going to have to work for now.  He is still so sweet and loves to watch everything go by when we are in the car.  It will be fun to get him out this afternoon and see how he reacts to it all.
I was able to get our Beijing photos uploaded and will try to back post about our time in Beijing tonight.  I guess I'll have to do through email...
I will also try to get the rest of our Taiyuan photos uploaded.  The connection is slow and I think some things are being blocked so it is a bit tricky and might take a little longer.  Sorry!
 
 
--
Melissa Weikel
Creative Memories Consultant
(301)743-9994
www.mycmsite.com/mweikel
your life/your story/your way
www.weikelspot.blogspot.com

No comments: