Monday, October 22, 2007

Almost there

One day left and we are almost ready to go. Dad seems to be doing better today but we won't know until tomorrow if they will let him come home or not. He is bored in his private room and I"m sure would love to have someone there to talk to. The kids and I visited for awhile and I was grateful for the large private room. Otherwise we probably would have gotten kicked out!
I'm sure all the last minute details will keep me busy tomorrow but I will do my best to post and update on my dad. Thanks for all those prayers - it is hard to believe that we are finally going to China!!!

Side note - when I checked to see if we still had open seats all around us, I noticed the prices had gone up again. Then I noticed the price for a 1st class ticket - $21,000+. For one ticket. One person. For 13.5 hours. That is over $1,000/hour. There is no way that it could be THAT good! Mind boggling....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I hope you have uneventful flights that are direct and quick. Please update your blog as you can because I have alot of my coworkers following you too! (They enjoyed our journey, so they are following yours too!)

Be safe, have fun.....I think Caleb will have the time of his life with you guys!!! Savor this journey too!

Kristen & Roy

Wright,Rhonda and Amber said...

I told you a couple of months ago that you would be there and back before you knew it. See, I was right.HAHA! We hope you all have a good time. And Amber needs some more silk dresses, so if you load up on a couple of dozen that would be nice. Just kidding. We will be praying for your daddy and your Gotcha Day with Caleb.