Thursday, October 4, 2007

Guatemalan Adoption update

I got this from Dawn this morning.  Please continue to lift this entire situation up in prayer.  To the human eye, it doesn't look good but we know that God is much bigger than all of this!
 
"Yesterday, The Ortega Law was passed in Guatemala
Congress. This essentially means that unless
amendments are made next week allowing us to be
grandfathered in, (or unless we finish by Dec. 31) we
won't be bringing Nicholas home. NOt to mention all
of the other children and families waiting as well.

I am asking you my sisters, with a very humble heart,
to get on your knees and pray with me for these
children. God has a plan and I know that He does not
leave oprpahns to hang in limbo and because of
politics, that is what is happening. My heart is
breaking, not just for us, but for all of the families
and children in process. no one has answers for what
will happen to them at the first of the year.

I will leave it at this as I could go on for days
filling you in on all of the "issues" but in essence,
I would just really appreciate your prayers!!!!

Thank you so much for your friendships and support
through this,

Dawn

Isaiah 26:12
Lord you have established peace for us; All that we
have accomplished you have done for us. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also have a friend that is in the middle of the adoption process in Guatamala. His name is Derick and he is adopting a 5 year old boy named Josa. Derick has already met Josa and is waiting on the final paperwork to be completed, but his paperwork has been kicked out of court twice. We will be joining you in prayer for Dawn and her family please join us in prayer for Derick and his. I know that it is God's will to get these kids home and soon.
In Him,
Tonya Harbin

BlessedMomof 5 said...

Thanks Tonya, I will pray for your friend as well. The latest number I heard was at least 5000 adoptions were pending in Guatemala. That is an awful lot of kids who will not have homes after 12/31 if something doesn't change. It just breaks your heart to think about it....
Melissa