Sunday, July 1, 2007

This is recreation?

I think most normal people consider going to a movie to be relaxing and a recreational type activity. After yesterday, I beg to differ. I took my three youngest to see Ratoutuille (ok, I'm sure I didn't spell that one right but I've NEVER taken French...). Sarah fell asleep in the car on the way to the movie - not a good thing. She is like a zombie - the living dead. While the awake part of her (which is deeply buried) is thrilled to go to the movies, the asleep part of her is like a very wet, very heavy rag doll. I manage to carry her into the theater (after buying our tickets with one hand) and then the drama of snacks begins. This is where movie theaters make their money. After purchasing enough snacks for a small army, we realize that Sarah's favorite flip flop is nowhere to be found. The little mommy voice tells me it is probably outside in the parking lot but I know I can't tote 3 kids, 4 drinks, popcorn, my purse, a still semi conscious preschooler and my sanity back to the car. So, instead, I place our happy family into the theater and leave the girls under the watchful eye of their big brother. A quick look at my watch tells me we have 8 minutes - plenty of time to retrieve the flip flop (which is on the ground next to the car) and do the pre movie potty trip which is necessary with little girls. Unbeknownst to me however, the kid running the movie has not passed the telling time unit in math and starts the movie early. So I get to stumble back into the theater without the trip to the potty in the pitch dark. Anna promptly looses the lid to her drink and the first bathroom trip with Sarah occurs just minutes into the movie. We got to visit that bathroom two other times, dumped over the open drink when returning from the bathroom and all the while listen to Sarah happily creaking in her seat that is waaay to big for her. Ahhh relaxation.....
After the movie it then took us 20 minutes to purchase 4 items at the grocery store (complete with 2 more trips to the bathroom and another temporary loss of said flip flop). By the time I got home, I so wished that I had a little fairy that did dinners for me. But alas, she was nowhere to be found. And so ended my relaxing trip to the movies. Next time I think I'd rather stay home and scrub toilets (but my kids wouldn't have as much fun :) ).

1 comment:

"Bug" said...

Why do I feel completely exhausted after reading that post?!?!?!?
hahahaha.....