Sunday, July 1, 2007

A Father's Love

Some of you know that we've gotten some tough news from someone who saw Caleb awhile back that he did not look as healthy as we would like. It has taken a couple of days to digest this info and we've been overwhelmed by the prayer support and encouragement that we've gotten from so many. We've had a real peace about Caleb and a renewed sense of urgency about getting him home. Last night I had a dream about him and this morning during service I found myself thinking a lot about my little guy. Not so much worried but just really wanting to be able to hold him, for him not to suffer or be sick. Today was the Lord's Supper and God spoke to me. I realized that He knows what it is like for a parent to be physically separated from their son while their child is suffering. Then I realized that I'm responsible for His son's suffering. So, while I wait (not so patiently :) ) to hold little Caleb in my arms and to help ease his suffering and sadness, I know that God the Father is holding me, his child because of the suffering that His son endured on my behalf. Thank you Father for that Abba Daddy love!

No comments: