Thursday, April 12, 2007

What's in a Name

Tonight Ken and I were looking through the Old Testament and digging around for more on the man named Caleb. I decided to google it and was casually reading some of the different summaries of this great man of faith. Casually, that is until I hit one that I almost skipped because of its scholarly nature. Hidden in one of the paragraphs was a sentenced that I had to fight back the tears to read. It is thought by some Bible scholars that Caleb was not a Hebrew by birth but ADOPTED! Yep, that is what it said. I've got goose bumps....

2 comments:

Bill and Toni said...

How cool is that!?!? Talk about neon signs!!!

Wayne gave us a similar blessing regarding Alex's name a few Sunday eves ago. He was talking about Simon of Cyrene, the guy who carried Jesus' cross... and his 2 sons, Rufus and Alexander. We've known from before we were married that if we had a son, he'd be William Alexander. But it was a familial name, not necessarily biblical, as the only other Alexanders we found weren't really very... well... nice...

Anyway... I think I can see those neon signs flashing all the way from our house!!

Blessings for the wait,
Toni

Heather said...

Congrats on your son! We're currently waiting for our second waiting child from China. I love the Caleb connection!