Sunday, April 29, 2007

My knight in shining armor

I don't get to brag very often but I just want to brag on my husband. Every year for my birthday we head out for an evening away. This weekend we enjoyed a seafood dinner and spent the night in Annapolis and then went shopping the next day at the outlets. Yes ladies, my husband took me shopping. Since we started homeschooling, one of the things I've had to give up is shopping time. It is just not fun to shop for clothes, shoes (not to mention all the other necessities) with 4 kids in tow, 2 of whom are preteen boys. While it has probably been a good thing for the family budget, I miss the thrill of a good bargain hunt. So, for the past two years, we've gone shopping. I know it bores Ken to no end, but I appreciate it beyond words and it is just another way that he shows me how much he loves me. He's my knight in shining armor, armed with plastic and able to wisk packages away to the car so that I can find more bargains. My hero!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! I'm glad you were able to spend it doing something you truly enjoy!

Debbie
(Roger & Kaeli too!)