Sunday, April 29, 2007

The clock is ticking....

Do you hear it? Minutes, hours, days, just ticking away? I know it sounds dramatic but I had a moment of panic this morning. I've been following the current wait times for people with waiting children and the pace has started to pick up. Of course that is a wonderful thing - so many of these kids need surgeries and treatments that they just won't get until they are home. If given the chance, we'd hop on a plane tomorrow to get Caleb if we could. The reality is that I have a very long list of things to do before we head to China - not "things I'd like to do" but "things I really need to do". When I looked at the time line and realized that we could be traveling to China a month or so earlier than I anticipated, my pulse raced and I went into a panic. I announced to my so patient husband that I was officially in panic mode and that the projects would ensue. Poor man. While he loves a good project, we don't exactly go at them the same way I do and I think he fears that I will start all of them this week and not finish any of them until the day before we board the plane. Oh, the things that an adoption does to a marriage :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adoption does do strange things to a marriage!! I can so relate to your growing "to-do" list as travel approaches. :) That's the only way I get things done in my life is to have BIG deadlines!!

Lisa
www.mycuprunnethover.typepad.com