Monday, April 9, 2007

One Step Closer...

Today I did the run to the County Courthouse and then the Secretary of State. I love Annapolis, the old alley ways and cobblestone streets. Of course what I love about Annapolis also makes it hard to get around. I got lost (well maybe just redirected) when I left the parking garage onto a one way street and ended up at the Naval Academy. After some instinctive navigation (no detail person here - it is always about generalities...) I found my way back onto Rt 50 and home.
The people at the Secretary of State are always so nice and efficient - I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.
Tomorrow is the long day. We'll do the State Dept, then the Chinese Embassy, lunch, back to the Chinese Embassy and then to our agency. Ken is taking the day off to do this with me. It will be nice to not have to fight the parking restrictions around the State Dept (he can just drop me off and then make a couple block circle back to me) and to have company during the long waits at the Chinese Visa Office. I've always said that the experience at the Chinese Visa Office is a good tutorial for your China trip. You're one of the few non Asians in the room, everything is in both Chinese and English and you have to do things their way. It's too bad everyone paperchasing doesn't get this experience! We'll have to go back there to get our Visas once we have our TA (Travel Approval) but that doesn't usually take as long.
I can't wait to be done - it is always such a good feeling to leave the agency knowing that all you have to do now is wait (did I just say that?).

No comments: