Monday, May 14, 2007

The Blessing of Bugs?

We received more information about Caleb and his SWI. The reason the visiting mom didn't have pictures of any of the kids under 2 was that all the children that age have been moved to foster care because of a "bug issue" and will stay there until the new dormitory is completed. Of course we have no idea when that is so it is possible that Caleb will be in foster care now until we are able to go get him. At first I was not all that happy about my little guy enduring yet another transition just months before his biggest transition ever. But God reminded me that He is the Creator of the Universe, the Protector of the Weak and that He loves my son more than I do - He has it all taken care of. So, I'm trusting Him in this one. I'll never really know the details in this move and that is one of the hard parts of adopting. I want to be there, to be the one holding him and taking care of him. But, I wait and trust God that when we are all ready, He'll bring us all together at just the right time. Until then, I'll just have to keep those mama bear instincts in check.

No comments: