Friday, March 30, 2007

Where oh where could our hs be??

Well, after almost 3 weeks, I decided to contact USCIS to make sure they had all that they needed to process our 171. Good thing I did. Evidently our homestudy is floating somewhere in the building but not at the desk of the lady who actually does the processing! Our agency has record of it getting there but she has never gotten it. I'm glad I didn't wait - I could have been waiting a VERY long time! Our agency sent another one over today so HOPEFULLY we'll get this 171 in another week or so. I was angry this morning but am over it now. God pulled me back and let me look at the big picture. He has to keep reminding me it isn't about the process, it's about our next child and things have to work at the right time to get him/her! A new group of special needs kiddos arrived at our agency this week and are being translated. We have no way of knowing if we'll get a match in this batch or not - we should know in a few weeks. Of course it is exciting but we are realistic. Just because we were called last batch doesn't mean that we'll get one this time. It all just depends on the children in the batch and those families who are on the waiting list. We don't know where we are in regards to other families on the list because each family individually notes what special needs they are comfortable considering from a list of probably 20 or so. Many prefer girls over boys so that is certainly in our favor (we don't care either way) and most are only willing to consider very minor special needs. So, the wait continues (which really should be the mantra for most international adoptions!)

No comments: