Friday, March 16, 2007

Urgent Prayer

I know that there are lots of prayer warriors who will check this site so I want to let you know about something that you can lay at our Father's feet...
Fed Ex has lost our agency's dossiers from last week. 15 families are involved. For those of you who don't right away understand the severity of this situation, let me tell you what goes into a dossier. It takes several months to put together the documents needed, several hundred dollars for document authentication and lots of time, sweat, tears and prayers. Most of the documents involved would have to start all over from the beginning if they are not recovered. Our agency is working round the clock as is Fed Ex to resolve this and find this missing package. For those of us who have done this before or are in process, this is one of our deepest, darkest fears. I can only imagine what they are feeling right now. But we know that God knows where that package is and our prayer is that He would give Fed Ex the eyes to see it, our agency the perserverance to see it through and GRACE to all the families involved.
On a personal note, we could have very easily been in that batch. Our homestudy took longer than I thought it should and I was irritated that our process was taking longer than it should have. Well, I have been humbled and have now given close friends permission to deck me if I complain at the timing of this process.
I will keep you posted as we learn more. Thanks ahead of time for lifting this situation up in prayer!

No comments: