Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Update


Yes, we're a bit behind in the Christmas photos but hopefully some of these will suffice. We enjoyed a quiet day (as quiet as a house full of 5 kids can be) with Ken's mom, my parents and my sister. My kids had originally gotten up at 3 am (yes, you read that right!) and I did my best to hustle them back to bed without losing my composure. We've spent the last couple of days trying to put the house back together and visiting with Ken's mom and the kids' friends.
The big news for the week is that Caleb has said his first word! Yes, it is "mama" :) I got my Christmas wish :) I was also able to get most of the glue off his face (he was NOT happy about that one) and we are continually amazed at how good he looks. We've been able to lose the no-no's since he is not putting anything in his mouth and has stopped sucking on his fingers at night. I know they were really bothering him at night so this has been a nice change for him. We gave him some pizza tonight in tiny bits - it is his favorite food and he was sooo excited! He is also walking with just one hand and managed to climb the entire flight of stairs tonight without me knowing it - gotta make sure that gate is up at ALL times.
He loves his new toys, especially anything musical or car related. Ken has always joked that his long fingers were perfect for a concert pianist. We'll have to see!
Praying that each of you have had a wonderful Christmas full of God's blessings. We are overwhelmed by His goodness to us!

3 comments:

Barb P. said...

Love the photos! Sounds like things are going well at your house! So exciting to hear those first words! We will keep you posted about Joshua's next surgery! We too are amazed by God's goodness to us! Hugs

Barb P. said...

Just changed my photo!! wanted to make sure that the photo with all 6 of us shows now!

"Bug" said...

Wow - Caleb really looks fanstastic (I clicked on the picture and made it really big and was amazed at how good he looks!)
Glad you had a *peaceful* day!

Debbie