Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A lot can happen in 4 months....









I hear you. The growing chorus of faithful readers who wonder out loud why I haven't posted in so long. I could give you a creative laundry list of reasons but alas, I just don't have the time. You see, we are still only working on one computer in our house. There are 6 of us who use this one computer. This means that updating the blog gets low priority. When I do get the chance, like now, I have a whining toddler hanging on me, messing with the printer, another child begging for paper, other kids who are supposed to be doing homework but I'm not upstairs to check to make sure it is happening - well you get the picture.
Anyway, here is a quick synopsis of the Weikel house in the last few months....
Feb
-Sarah had a wonderful teaparty birthday to celebrate turning 5 - very girly, very fun
-Ken and I got to spend a week in California for Chick-fil-A seminar in Long Beach and then explored the coast BY OURSELVES!!!!!
March
-Finally had a big snow and dug out of 10 inches of wet white stuff
April
-Visited family for a few days in VA Beach
-Celebrated Easter - He is risen indeed!!!
-Anna turned 8 and celebrated with a bunch of her friends seeing the Hannah Montana movie - not a bad movie
-Got 2 new critters - very cute bunnies named Sparkles and Rainbow
-Ken suprised me (he tried reallllly hard!) with a birthday party for my (gulp) 40th birthday. It was a wonderful evening surrounded by lots of friends
May
-Nathan is 14!! Yikes-when did than happen?
-They opened our pool today - for real?! It is pouring down rain and 56 degrees. Hard to believe that the kids only have 3.5 weeks of school left.
-Ken is leaving for Kenya Saturday - keep you posted on his big trip next week (at least I'm going to try!)
-Caleb has some major dental work next Thursday - he'll be under for about 2 hours - prayers would be appreciated.

Caleb is now on a growth chart - 10th percentile for height and 3rd percentile for weight. I hope to do a separate post on our miracle kid (you know, the one who is whining and pulling on me and acting like a 3 year old....)

In between all those big events are lots of everyday smiles, tears, tantrums and God moments. He has blessed us with this crazy life - most nights we fall into bed exhausted. But as nuts as it all is we are blessed beyond measure and I'm humbled by God's mercy and faithfulness through it all!

Would love to post more but I've hit my limit of whining and hanging (and drumming!).
Hope to post more soon....

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Gald to hear you're all is well and things are normal - busy and crazy! Same here - - but with more computers and less people!

miss all of you!
Kelley

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! See you all soon.
The Boggs