Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Recipe (this one is dangerous, read at your own risk!)

I really do enjoy cooking but with 5 kids and homeschooling, time just isn't on my side. Neither is my impatient personality. Most recipes in my stack are quick ones that taste good. This one has been added to my stack!! I'm glad that pecans aren't cheap or I'd be making these waaaay too often! I'm hoping I've left some for my guests tomorrow night!

Spiced Pecans
3 cups pecan halves
1 egg white
1 T water
1/2 c sugar
t cinnamon
1/2t nutmeg
1/2 t ground cloves
1/2 t salt

Preheat oven to 300 and cover a cookie sheet with foil and then spray with cooking spray. Whip egg white and water together and pour over pecans in a large baggie. Combine sugar and spices together and pour into baggie with pecans. Mix until pecans are covered. Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning at least once.

YUM!!!!

2 comments:

"Bug" said...

I'm heading to Sam's and buying pecans in bulk! hahaha!!! I'm seriously going to try this!

Debbie

Brenda said...

You are officially tagged... to come see our blog!!! Miss you guys. Caleb looks soooo cute in his pictures. Tell Jacob, Anna and Sarah we said Hi!