Monday, August 18, 2008

Treading Water

Sorry for the lapse in posts and pictures. We have been busy trying to squeeze the last little bit of summer out of this week since the boys head to school on Wednesday. The sticker shock over school uniforms and supplies has me reeling! To think of all the money I've saved us over the last 6 years of homeschooling!
We've also survived a weekend without water (off and on), including a pool party for the girls' group at church Friday night (we had water that night). We are now the proud owners of a new tank, well pump and several days of hording water to flush toilets. I even jumped in the pool Saturday morning (pool water was a nice warm 90 but the air temp was in the 60's - brrrrrr!) to get my hair wet and then rinsed it with bottled water. Anna said it was like being back in China brushing our teeth with bottled water :) We are thankful to finally have water back, just in time for a pool party this evening for the church youth group. You realize how much water you use in a day when you don't have it!
On top of all that, my laptop is now making a noise comparable to a helicopter taking off. As much as I use computers, with the last few months' experience with them in our house I'd just like to pitch them out the window!
Hopefully once the boys are in school Wednesday, I'll have a little bit of time to download some pictures and catch up a bit. Probably won't start school officially with the girls until next week since they both have a busy social calendar :) (those unsocialized homeschool kids......)

2 comments:

"Bug" said...

Welcome to uniform world.... I actually have learned to appreciate it some. I struggle on "dress down day" which happens once a month at Kaeli's school.
Have to agree with Anna - reminded me of China too!
Praying for your family!

Debbie

"Bug" said...

I keep checking for "uniform" pictures... hahahaha... How is your sanity? Coming back?