Saturday, November 3, 2007

Settling into Guangzhou



Yesterday was the medical exam and visa photo - Caleb hated both but we survived. I got to enjoy a 2 hour paperwork party while Ken took the girls to the indoor pool - He said it definitly was not warm but they enjoyed the diversion :) Jacob went with some other boys to the game room and he had a sleepover last night with his new buddy Jacob. It will be interesting to see how much sleep either of the boys got!
We had started the day with a HUGE breakfast - french toast with syrup, doughnuts and all sorts of other goodies. We were like pigs in slop! I won't be able to eat like that all week or I"ll find the pounds I've lost!!
Speaking of pounds, our little guy weighed in at a whopping 7.5 kg or 16.54 pounds. I am anxious to get him home to get the surgery done so we can keep putting some pounds on this little guy!!!
The big news is that Caleb is crawling!!!! Ken plopped him on the bed last night and he crawled around for almost an hour. He is pulling himself up in the crib and cruising but we are not convinced he can walk on his own. His little legs don't look big enough to support even his 16 pounds!
We are liking the hotel - quick elevators though. We are on the 33rd floor so I try not to think about how high up we are. Kendra has a neat view from her room though and I sat and watched all the traffic creep by. The driving here is insane. Lanes are merely a suggestion and sidewalks are not just for pedestrians. I have yet to see an accident though - I guess you grow up with it you learn to drive defensively and not do 20 other things while you're driving like we do!
Today is church on the island and shopping. The service is not in English so I think we're going to have our own little service tonight instead. The kids all hit the wall yesterday from lack of sleep so we're letting them settle in this morning and sleep in.

No comments: